- The Great Egg Hunt
- Minute to Win It Games
- Egg Toss
- Build a Bunny
- Easter Egg Basket – Fill It Up
- Easter Card
Do you want more activities like the one below?
Directions for The Great Egg Hunt:
- Plastic Easter eggs.
- Problem set
- Sharpie or Pen to write on eggs.
- Set of problems to place in Easter Eggs – have one for each group.
- Note – I am going to number each problem and number the egg. If students have clue #1 but find egg #4, they will know they aren’t correct.
- Write a clue for each egg.
- Make copies of the clues and cut them apart.
- Hide each egg where the clue leads.
- Prize for the winner of the great egg hunt (Optional).
- To begin the great egg hunt, give each group a different clue
- Place students into groups of 3-4.
Note, I will have students race with a personal whiteboard, marker and eraser.
- Get a clue from your teacher.
- Decipher the clue.
- Find the egg, open the egg, complete the problem in the egg. Place the egg back where you found it.
- Return to your classroom for your next clue.
- Repeat the previous steps.
Problem Set for my Egg Hunt:
- 4x3 – x
- 9p – 3pq -6n + 2nq
- 6a2 – 9ab – 15b2
- 15r3 + 20r2s – 20rs2
- x3y – xy + 5x2y – 5y
- 42x3 + 68x2 + 16x
- 3xy2 – 27x3
- 18x – 8x3
Clues for my egg hunt:
- We have a big field trip coming up. Your egg is by the board where there would be information for team 8A.
- This is the door that I enter to come into work every day! Find your next egg here.
- Are you tired from walking? Find your egg where you could stop to rest in the hallway.
- Oh man you lost your favorite pencil pouch. Find your next egg where you might be able to recover it!
- Find your next egg near the electrical closet closest to us.
- Find your next egg by door #32 – 6 * (1xy)0
- I’m sooooo hungry and can’t wait until lunch. Find your next egg where I could find a snack.
- Find your next egg by the board for team 8b.
You might also enjoy our Easter Card Activity. Read about it here: https://www.themathmentors.com/easter-card-activity/